Paleo Recipe: Caprese Omelet

Paleo Recipe: Caprese Omelet

Yet again, another favorite paleo recipe! I especially love a good paleo breakfast.
I can make anything “caprese” – I grew up addicted to cheese, and although I don’t eat too much of it now that I lead a paleo lifestyle, I do indulge in the real mozzarella as an occasional indulgence.

Caprese Omelet



And since I’m now an egg-aholic, I have to find creative ways to eat them – not that I could ever really get sick of them.

Caprese Omelet:

Ingredients:
  • 3 Eggs from pasteur raised chickens
  • 1/2 cup Tomatoes, chopped
  • Handful Basil, chopped
  • Several thin slices of Real Mozzarella Cheese
  • Unrefined, organic coconut oil
Instructions: 
  1. Heat 2 tsps coconut oil in a small frying pan.
  2. Crack 3 eggs in a bowl and beat well. Add to heated frying pan.
  3. Allow eggs to cook about half way and make sure they don’t stick to the pan.
  4. To one half of the pan add the tomatoes, basil, and cheese.
  5. Using a spatula, flip the other half of the omelet up over the half with the tomatoes, basil, and cheese. Cover with a lid if necessary.
  6. Allow to cook for another minute until cheese is somewhat melted (real mozz doesn’t really melt) and the eggs are cooked on the inside.
  7. Add a touch more basil as a garnish on top after omelet is plated.
Enjoy this amazing paleo recipe for breakfast!